Quick and Easy Blood Orange Mini Cheesecakes are a brilliant dessert made with very little effort. There’s a buttery crisp biscuit base, light, and creamy cheesecake and blood orange topping, all contained in a little glass ramekin.
What is a blood orange?
The blood orange is a variety of orange with crimson coloured flesh. The dark-coloured flesh develops with low nighttime temperatures and is high in antioxidant pigments. The flesh and juice are sweet and delicious.
What can I use if I can’t get Blood Oranges?
Blood Oranges are only available in the early months of the year, so if you can’t source them you can substitute sweet oranges to make the Blood Orange Mini Cheesecakes.
Make Quick and Easy Blood Orange Mini Cheesecakes
I turn to this recipe when I want a dessert that looks and tastes good but is quick and easy to prepare.
Make the cheesecake base
Crush the biscuits (cookies) and mix with melted butter, then divide between the ramekins.
For the Cheesecake filling
Mix together Greek yogurt, honey and the zest from the blood oranges. Divide this between the ramekins and chill in the fridge.
Prepare the orange topping
While the cheesecakes chill cut the oranges into segments, set aside. Catch any juice from the oranges and put this into a small pan with the sugar. Heat gently until the sugar has melted, then boil until you have a syrup. Add the orange segments and leave to cool.
Remove the Mini Cheesecake desserts from the fridge and top with a few segments of orange. Drizzle over the syrup and serve.
More Blood Orange Recipes from Farmersgirl Kitchen
Brilliant Blood Orange and Pineapple Mini-Pavlovas are brilliant because they are only 200 kcal per portion.
Fennel and Orange Salad combines blood oranges, fennel and grapefruit in a delicious winter salad.
More Blood Orange recipes
Kale and Blood Orange Cake – Veggie Desserts
Blood Orange Salad with Avocado, Radish and Dill – Family Friends Food
Pan Fried Hake with Sauce Maltaise & Purple Sprouting Broccoli – Natural Kitchen Adventures
Blood Orange Squash – Tin & Thyme
Are we connected?
Stay in touch with everything that’s going on at Farmersgirl Kitchen.
Quick and Easy Blood Orange Mini Cheesecakes
- 8 digestive biscuits
- 60 g butter
- 450 g Skyr or thick Greek yogurt
- 50 g honey
- 1 orange grated zest
- 2 blood oranges segmented
- 50 g sugar
- 6 small ramekins
- Place the biscuits in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin
- Melt the butter and mix with the crushed biscuits
- Divide the biscuit mixture between the ramekins and press down with a teaspoon
- Mix the skyr or Greek yogurt with the honey and orange zest
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins, then chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile peel the blood oranges and cut out the segments and place in a bowl, catch any juice from the oranges and place in a small saucepan, add the sugar and heat gently until melted.
- Bring the sugar syrup to a boil and boil for 4 minutes until syrupy, take off the heat add the orange segments, set aside to cool.
- To serve, remove the ramekins from the fridge and add 2-3 orange segments and a teaspoon of juice on top of the cheesecake.