I thought I’d better make a recipe for my own blog challenge: The Slow Cooker Challenge. The theme this month is 7-a-day Fruits or Vegetables. Now it might be pushing it to get a full seven portions of fruit or vegetables onto one plate, but it isn’t that difficult to add 7 fruits or vegetables to a single dish.
Slow Cooker Chicken with 7 Vegetables
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 mushrooms
- 7 small vine tomatoes
- 2 Aubergines Eggplant
- 3 large orange or yellow (bell) peppers or 12 mini red
- 2 large courgettes zucchini
- 12 pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons of pesto
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- small bunch of parsley
- Brown the chicken pieces in a pan with a little oil, set aside.
- Chop all the vegetables into even sized pieces and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix the pesto and balsamic vinegar into the vegetables and top with the chicken pieces.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7 hours.
- Top with chopped parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread to soak up the juices.
I’m also entering this recipe for Four Seasons Food Spring Challenge: Let’s Celebrate Vegetables run by Delicieux and Eat Your Veg.