I’m always looking for new ideas for sandwiches, we eat a lot of hummus but it’s nice to have something different, so this Tofu Sandwich Spread, whizzed up in my ThermoCook blender is a great alternative, and it’s dairy-free and vegan-friendly.
I am not an expert with tofu, but I do know that on its own it has a very mild flavour. This makes it ideal to carry other flavours, my plan was to create a spread that was full of flavour, not entirely smooth but with a little texture. The Optimum Froothie ThermoCook is a brilliant multi-function blender with a heating element which has pretty well replaced my food processor and blender. You don’t need the heating element for this recipe, but you do need a good blender.
Chilli and Garlic Tofu Sandwich Spread
- 349 g firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 spring onions roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley roughly chopped
- 1 lemon (juice) approx 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients in the ThermoCook
- Set to speed 5 for 30 seconds, the set to speed 10 for 20 seconds.
- Check the consistency and if required use the pulse setting until it is as you would like. .
More Optimum Thermocook Recipes at Farmersgirl Kitchen
I’m really excited by the prospect of adding different flavours to this spread, I’m sure that olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and many other vegetables could be added to ring the changes. The texture is quite soft so it would also make a great dip with crisps/chips and vegetable crudites.
What do you think would work well with this tofu spread?
Disclosure: Froothie UK sent me the Optimum ThermoCook to use and review at home. I have not been paid for this post and all opinions are my own. Affiliate links included in this post.