Easy Low Fat Mango Chia Mousse has only 100 calories per portion, it’s sweet from the natural sweetness of the mango and creamy from 0% Greek Yogurt. Chia seeds ensure that it holds together in a mousse-like texture. The bonus is that it really is simple to make using your blender.
Do you love dessert? I do, and although I only eat dessert on the weekends, it’s always challenging to find a recipe that has luscious mouthfeel but isn’t going to instantly pile on the pounds. This simple little mousse is the perfect end to your meal without the extra calories.
How to make Easy Low Fat Mango Chia Mousse
Prepare the mango by cutting off the flesh either side of the central stone and chop roughly and juice the lime.
Put the mango, lime juice, and honey into the jug of your blender. I use the Optimum Nutri Force Extractor which looks very much like other personal blenders but with 1000w of power at your fingertips you can whizz up your breakfast smoothie in 50 seconds.
THE FROOTHIE EVOLVE BLENDER
The latest addition to the Froothie Blender family is the Froothie Evolve which has a heating jug as well as all the advantages of a super-powerful blender.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT ABOUT THE FROOTHIE EVOLVE BLENDER?
- You can steam vegetables in the blender using the heating jug and the steaming basket.
- You can make smooth or chunky soup in the heating jug, everything goes into the blender jug and the automatic programme does the rest.
- Tempered Glass Jugs means no more plastic in contact with your blended food.
- Vacuum Blending reduces oxidisation and blended mixtures do not separate or discolour.
- Voice Activation makes choosing the right programme really easy.
READ MY REVIEW OF THE FROOTHIE EVOLVE FOR FULL INFORMATION.
Currently on sale at £499 on the Froothie. Buy through my Ambassador Link and you get an additional 2 years warranty, which brings the warranty to 7 years.
To get this special offer please add the following text in the comment box when you order: Ambassador (3116) special 2 extra warranty years
Pulse the mango and then run the blender until the puree is smooth.
Pass the puree through a sieve to ensure that there are no fibres left in the puree.
Place the Greek yogurt into a bowl and add the mango puree and grated ginger, and mix thoroughly then add the chia seeds and stir them through.
Pour the Easy Low Fat Mango Chia Mousse mixture into six small bowls or glass pots, cover and put in the fridge and leave for at least two hours but preferably overnight.
When ready to serve, top the Easy Low Fat Mango Chia Mousse with toasted coconut flakes.
More Mango Recipes from Farmersgirl Kitchen
More Low-Calorie Desserts
Fat-Free Greek Yogurt Fruit Brulee – Fab Food 4 All
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait – Celery & Cupcakes
3 Ingredient 100 calorie Chocolate Fudgsicles – Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
PIN FOR LATER
Stay in touch with everything that’s going on at Farmersgirl Kitchen.
Easy Low Fat Mango Chia Mousse
- 1 mango
- 300 g Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2.5 cm of fresh ginger root
- Prepare the mango, by cutting the flesh from the stone and skin then cutting into rough dice.
- Juice the lime.
- Put the mango, lime juice and honey into a blender, pulse then blend until smooth.
- Pass the puree through a sieve to make sure there are no fibres.
- Put the Greek yogurt into a bowl and add the mango puree, folding it into the yogurt.
- Peel and grate the fresh ginger and add, with the chia seeds to the mango yogurt mixture.
- Pour into small bowls or pots and place into the fridge for minimum of 2 hours o