These Fiesta Rice Krunchies are ideal for Easter or a children’s party and the rice krispie Ice Cream Bowls are a fun way to serve ice cream. I’m not quite sure what it is about rice krispies but, of all the cereals, they make the best no bake treats. I’ve jazzed up the standard recipe for rice krispie and marshmallow bars with some fun colours using childhood favourites ‘Rainbow Drops’, a drizzle of chocolate and some hundreds and thousands. As well as the bars I made some little rice krispie bowls in a muffin tin, you can fill them with ice cream, cream or thick yogurt and add the treats or sweets of your choice as a topping.
I have wanted to make some videos for Farmersgirl Kitchen but somehow my good intentions seemed to be thwarted by the demands of getting food on the table. So I’m really delighted to introduce you to this little film which shows you how I made the Fiesta Rice Krunchies.
Fiesta Rice Krunchies
- 375 g rice krispies
- 200 g marshmallows
- 200 g butter
- 150 g toffees
- 50 g Rainbow Drops coloured puffed rice
- 75 g chocolate
- hundreds and thousands
- Place butter, marshmallows and toffees in a pan and heat gently until melted.
- Mix the rice krispies and Rainbow Drops together in a large bowl.
- When the marshmallow mixture is smooth and blended together, pour over the rice krispie mixture.
- Mix thoroughly making sure that all the rice cereal is covered.
- Spoon 2/3 of the mixture into a large flat tin (30 x 22.5 cm) lined with baking parchment, press flat and leave to cool until firm.
- Spoon the remaining mixture into lightly greased muffin tin cups, pushing the cereal down and creating a hollow in the centre, to make a little bowls, leave to cool until firm.
- Once the rice mixture is cool and set, melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Drizzle the chocolate across the tray of Fiesta Rice Krunchies and while the chocolate is still melted, sprinkle with hundreds and thousands, leave the chocolate to set.
- Once the chocolate is set, cut into bars.
We really enjoyed the bars and the bowls were super tasty filled with salted caramel ice cream and topped with mini eggs.
Here are a couple of Linky Parties that I’m linking to: