Spicy Chicken Stuffed Bun is a soft bread roll filled with a mixture of cooked chicken, ginger, chilli and coriander. They are quite delicious and would be great to serve warm at a buffet.
“Welcome to Fresh from the oven. A bread-baking community where we bake one loaf at a time. Challenges are announced on the group’s private blog on the first of each month and then on the 28th of the month each member posts their bread on their blog.”
For September, Ria of Ria’s Collection challenged us to make ‘Stuffed Buns’ using sweet bread dough and filling it with a mixture of chicken and spices.
Bake the Spicy Chicken Stuffed Bun
I burned the first batch of Spicy Chicken Stuffed Bun. My oven is quite hot and although I thought I had compensated enough, they were very burnt.
Check the buns early, or reduce the oven temperature to 160C and the time to 6 minutes. Hurrah, successful Spicy Chicken Stuffed Bun!
Fill the buns with a mixture of onion, cooked sweet potato, and green pepper’ Add the ginger and garlic and other spices in the original chicken mixture.
More Snacks and Bites from Farmersgirl Kitchen
Sardines on Toast is a quick and healthy snack from your pantry that is cheap and easy to make. Serve Scottish style on thick slices of toasted batch baked bread, only 10 minutes from start to finish.
Golden Turmeric Fries with Coriander and Mint Dip elevates the classic comfort food of chips (fries) to an impressive appetiser, party canape or as a tasty snack to enjoy with friends and family.
Easy Wild Garlic Hummus is a really versatile recipe using chickpeas and wild garlic to make a flavour-packed dip or spread in your food processor. Hummus always contains garlic so wild garlic is an easy substitution.
Spicy Chicken Stuffed Bun
Spicy Indian chicken filling Ingredients
- 200 g Boneless chicken boiled and shredded
- 4 Onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp Chilli powder 1/2 -1tbsp [depending on your spice level]
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander powder-
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Dry yeast-
- 2 tbsp Warm water
- 125 ml Milk
- 1/4 ts[ Salt
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 250 g plain flour all purpose
- 50 g sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 egg white for egg wash
- 1 tbsp White sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Heat oil, add the ginger garlic paste and saute till it gives out a nice aroma.
- Add the onions. Saute them till soft and transparent.
- Reduce the heat and add the powders and mix well for 2 mins.
- Add the shredded chicken and mix well.
- Keep it off the fire and let it cool.
- Use it for filling the dough.
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water with 1/2tbsp sugar and 1/2 tbsp of plain flour. Leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Boil the milk and allow to cool down till it is warm to touch. Add sugar, oil and salt.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon till the sugar dissolves and add 125g flour and mix to a smooth paste.
- Add the beaten egg, yeast and mix. Add the remaining flour and mix well till it forms a smooth dough.
- Knead well for 10 mins.
- Let it rest till it doubles in volume.
- Punch down the dough lightly using your palm and divide them equally.
- Flatten them into small discs and fill them with 1 tbsp of the filling. Re-shape them into a ball.Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds.
- Let it prove for another 20 mins.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 10 mins. When they start to brown, givethem an egg wash using 1 slightly beaten egg white.