Hot Cross Bun and Butter Pudding is a luscious variation on this classic dessert. Easter Hot Cross Buns make a sweet and slightly spicy Bread and Butter Pudding and it’s an ideal way to use up leftover buns after the holiday
I serve this dessert with icecream, but you could eat it as it is, with custard, cream or more yogurt.
Hot Cross Bun and Butter Pudding
- 1 Hot Cross Bun
- 10 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml milk
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 170 g Total 0% Greek Yogurt Split Pot Honey
- Grease a small deep heatproof dish with a little of the butter. Split the bun and spread each half with the remaining butter.
- Slice the bun into small squares and place in the dish. Drizzle over the honey.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, milk and yogurt together and pour over the pieces of bun.
- Leave for an hour to soak, then pre-heat the oven to 170C and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until risen and golden.