I love sirloin steak and this Marinated Sirloin Steak with Mushrooms is such a simple recipe to make, leave it to marinate overnight and it only takes a few minutes to finish it under the grill.
I have to say, given the minimum effort involved, it tasted delicious.
More Marinaded Recipes from Farmersgirl Kitchen
Pepper Steak Marinade is my interpretation of the classic Pepper Steak. It’s easy to prepare and has all the flavour of the classic dish plus it helps to tenderise the meat.
Sticky Marmalade Chicken is ideal to eat outside on a sunny day. It’s good hot or cold and, as you don’t want to be spending time inside when the sun is shining, it is super quick and easy to make.
This recipe for Slow Cooker Lamb with Rosemary Garlic and Lemon couldn’t be easier to make. You simply marinate a leg of lamb with rosemary, garlic and lemon overnight and pop in the slow cooker in the morning.
Marinated Steak with Mushrooms
- 400 g sirloin steak two steaks
- 200 g baby button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic a couple of cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Put the whole steaks in a plastic bag, seal and leave in the fridge for 8 – 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, take the meat out of the fridge, drain the marinade (I kept it, more later) and let the meat come to room temperature.
- Preheat your grill to high, put the steak in/on the grill and cook to your own taste.
- Remove from the heat, cover with foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, heat the butter in a pan and saute the button mushrooms, finish them with a tablespoon of the marinade. Be sure to cook it out for 5 minutes because it has been in contact with raw meat.