It must be the time of year, because here I am writing about soup again, this time it’s Mushroom Stroganoff Soup. I bought one of those big boxes of ‘value’ mushrooms as they were cheaper than the smaller perfectly formed variety. However, I didn’t need them all and there was still half a box left in the fridge with no plan as to how to use them. Mushrooms make great soup and they also gave me the chance to put the Optiumum ThermoCook through its paces.
I was really excited to be asked to be a ThermoCook Ambassador showing you just how versatile the Optimum ThermoCook Professional Cooking Assistant can be. The ThermoCook is made by the people behind the Froothie Power Blenders and Smoothie Makers.
This multi-function cooking appliance has loads of functions, I would describe it as a big 2-litre stainless steel power blender jug that plugs in a bit like a kettle, which means you can cook and heat as well as blend. That’s a pretty simplistic explanation as the Optimum Thermocook has over 20 functions all of which are designed to help you to create a range of impressive, nutritious and preservative free meals for your family. Here’s just a selection of its functions, chopping, whipping, mixing, emulsifying, milling, kneading, cooking, blending, stirring, steaming, precise heating and much more.
To make things simple, the Optimum ThermoCook includes auto-programs, designed to enable you to make meals quickly and with minimal of fuss. You can choose from: Smoothie, Quick Soup (used to make Mushroom Stroganoff Soup), Thick Soup, Chop, Saute, Stir, Steam, Stew, Warm, Reheat, Boil, Yoghurt, Rice, Porridge, Kneading.
I’m only just beginning to explore all the functions of the ThermoCook and started by making this Mushroom Stroganoff Soup I used the basic recipe from the ThermoCook Recipe Book and adapted it to include the flavours of a stroganoff, it was simple to make and once the soup is cooking you can leave it to get on with it. If you want to find out more about what the Optimum ThermoCook can do and how it compares to other Multi-function Appliances like the Thermomix then visit the website, it’s all right there.
Here’s what you get with your ThermoCook:
• 30 Day Money Back Guarantee – Includes Return Postage!
• 2.0 Litre detachable stainless steel jar for blending and cooking
• Butterfly and kneading blade
• Stainless steel blade assembly
• Large 70x50mm LCD screen
• Separate Precise Glass Scale
• Soft silicon rubber spatula
• Simple pre-set auto programs and unique DIY program
• Adjustable timer and temperature gauge
• Dishwasher proof (non-electrical parts only)
• Comprehensive recipe book
I can’t wait to use the steamer and try out more of the functions, so I’ll be back to share more recipes soon. If you like the sound of the Optimum ThermoCook then now is a great time to buy one because the RRP of £895 is being massively discounted for a Launch Special – Now Only £595 Save £300 Using Coupon THERMOMIX2015.
UPDATE: LOWEST PRICES EVER THIS WEEKEND, WILL NOT BE REPEATED UNTIL THIS TIME NEXT YEAR: THERMOCOOK: £549 ENDS MIDNIGHT 28/11/15
Here are a few more recipes I’ve been cooking up in the Optimum ThermoCook, from the top: Pureed Prunes for my Chocolate, Prune and Walnut Cake, possibly the easiest Hummus I’ve ever made and some Broccoli & Stilton Soup made with a big bag of reduced price broccoli I picked up at the supermarket.
Mushroom Stroganoff Soup
- 400 g fresh mushrooms chopped
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 30 g oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 100 ml milk
- 1 tbsp soured cream plus a little extra to swirl
- 1 tbsp soured cream , plus a little extra to swirl
- Add the onion to the jug, choose PULSE for a few minutes
- add the oil, choose SAUTE for 3 minutes, add the smoked paprika and SAUTE for a further 1 minute.
- Add the hot vegetable stock, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Choose QUICK SOUP for 15 minutes.
- When the process is finished, leave to cool down for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the milk and cream and choose SMOOTHIE.
- If you want to eat the soup right away, then choose STIR and 100C for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a swirl of soured cream and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
Disclosure: Froothie UK sent me the Optimum ThermoCook to use and review at home. I have not been paid for this post and was not required to give the ThermoCook a positive write up. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links included in this post.