Do not fear dear readers, although this is MY last Slow Cooked Challenge Round-Up, the Slow Cooked Challenge lives on! My co-host Lucy of Baking Queen 74 will be taking full control of the reins of the Slow Cooked Challenge so please continue to add all your delicious slowly cooked recipes to the linky, I know that I will!
I’ve decided to call it a day as I simply don’t have the time to promote the challenge and to do it full justice anymore. I would have been sad to see the Slow Cooked Challenge disappear completely, so I’m really happy that Lucy is going to carry on, and she has full licence to make it her own and run it in whatever way works for her and for you.
Anyway enough about all that, here are the fabulous recipes that our slow cooking friends have created during February:
- Creative as ever Lucy, Baking Queen 74 has made a Slow Cooker Whole Spiced Cauliflower, a delicious vegetarian alternative that can be served as a light meal or a side dish.
- My faithful slow cooking friend, Dominic at Belleau Kitchen cooked up a classic Lamb Stew in his Slow Cooker and it looks so inviting.
- The entry in Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary is also a Slow Cooker Lamb but this time it’s a Lamb Chilli with Pastilla Peppers and it looks so tasty with its avocado, blue corn chip and grated cheese accompaniments.
- Another vegetarian dish now, this time from Helen at Roast Chicken and a Country Walk. This hearty recipe is a Green Lentil and Vegetable Cottage Pie, which looks quite delicious.
- How original are those little hearts cut from red peppers? Shaheen at From Allotment to Kitchen (A2K) is the romantic cook who made this Red Pepper Chilli Hearts and Black Beans with Valentines Day in mind.
- Goat meat is rather topical at the moment, I was watching something about it on telly just the other night and thinking I should see if I could source some. Deon at Food Jam is ahead of the game with this Slow Cooked Goat and Fennel Stew, a great combination of flavours.
Many, many thanks to everyone who linked up in February and also to everyone who has ever linked up to the Slow Cooker Challenge and the Slow Cooked Challenge since I started it in January 2013 It’s a great resource for slow cooked food and you can find all the Round-Ups on the Slow Cooked Challenge Page.
PIN ME FOR LATER