I think Smoked trout should be as popular as smoked salmon, it’s a delicious and delicate fish and very versatile. British Trout is a sustainable super-food, tasty and affordable and perfect for anyone seeking healthy, fast food.
- 2 carrots cut into matchsticks
- 1 leek cut into matchsticks
- 2 celery sticks cut in to matchsticks
- 150 ml 1/4 pint / 2/3 cup vegetable stock
- 225 g 8oz/ smoked trout fillets skinned and cut into strips
- 200 g 7oz cream cheese
- 150 g 1/4 pint/ 2/3 cup medium sweet white wine or fish stock
- 15 ml 1tbsp chopped fresh dill or fennel
- 225 g 8oz/2 cups fusilli or other dried pasta shapes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh dill sprigs to garnish
- Put the carrot, leek and celery matchsticks into a pan and add the stock. Bring to the boil and cook quickly for 4-5 minutes, until most of the stock has evaporated/ Remove from the heat and add the smoked trout.
- Put the cream cheese and wine or fish stock into a pan over a medium heat, and whisk until smooth. Add the dill or fennel and salt and pepper.
- Cook the fusilli in a pan of salted boiling water according to the instructions on the packet, When the pasta is tender, but still firm to the bite, drain it thoroughly, and return it to the pan.
- Add the sauce, toss lightly and transfer to a serving bowl. Top with the cooked vegetables and trout. Serve immediately, garnished with the dill sprigs.
If you like this Speedy Smoked Trout Fusilli recipe you might also like:
For more recipes visit www.britishtrout.co.uk for more information