Easy Individual Strawberry Cheesecakes are a no-bake dessert that is quick and easy to make with ingredients you have in your panty. Ideal to treat your family or to quickly put together for unexpected visitors.
The biscuit base contains cocoa for a delicious chocolately taste, cover this with sweetened cream cheese, and top with strawberry jam and a swirl of whipped cream for an easy individual dessert.
An ideal recipe for caravans, campervans, and students!
You need very little equipment to make the Individual Strawberry Cheesecakes.
- Plastic bag
- rolling pin or something heavy (book?) to crush the biscuits
- bowl or a mug to melt the butter, mix the cheesecake mix and whip the cream (or use canned whipped cream)
- spoon and a fork (if whipping cream)
- Silicone cupcake cases or ramekins
- A refrigerator or cool box
I made these little desserts when I was working from a temporary kitchen in my utility room. My cooking equipment consisted of my Slow Cooker, a single electric ring, and a microwave. Baking was off the agenda with these temporarily limited kitchen facilities, so a no-bake dessert was perfect.
Make the biscuit base
It’s easy to make the crumb base for the cheesecakes. Simply crush the biscuits (cookies) add a little cocoa powder to the crushed biscuit crumbs and mix with the melted butter. Press into the cupcake cases and chill until set.
What kind of cupcake cases do you use?
I use silicone cupcake cases because they hold together well and are easy to remove. However, you could press the crumbs into a paper case supported in a muffin tin.
Make the cheesecake
When the biscuit mixture is chilled and firm, mix together the cream cheese and sugar. Then divide it between the biscuit filled cupcakes.
What kind of jam should I use to top the cheesecakes?
I use strawberry jam but you can use any jam that you have available. If you have some strawberries you can follow this easy recipe for Small Batch Seedless Strawberry Jam because homemade jam is always nicer.
Serve the Easy Individual Strawberry Cheesecakes as they are or top them with whipped cream.
Whip your own double cream and spoon or pipe on to. Or use a can of ready whipped cream to make a swirl on top just before serving.
What do they taste like?
The Individual Strawberry Cheesecakes are really delicious, they are not too sweet and just a perfect mini dessert.
More Quick and Easy Desserts from Farmersgirl Kitchen
Quick and Easy Blood Orange Mini Cheesecakes are a brilliant dessert made with very little effort. There’s a buttery crisp biscuit base, light, and creamy cheesecake and blood orange topping, all contained in a little glass ramekin.
Brilliant Blood Orange and Pineapple Pavlovas are crisp light as air meringue nests filled with Greek yogurt and a mixture of fresh pineapple, seasonal blood oranges, and sweet preserved ginger.
Easy Low Fat Mango Chia Mousse has only 100 calories per portion, it’s sweet from the natural sweetness of the mango and creamy from 0% Greek Yogurt. Chia seeds ensure that it holds together in a mousse-like texture. The bonus is that it really is simple to make using your blender.
More No Bake Desserts
- Chocolate Tiffin Traybake – Lost in Food
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars – Curly’s Cooking
- Banoffee Dessert Pots – The Baking Explorer
Easy Individiual Strawberry Cheesecakes
- 6 digestive biscuits (graham crackers0 crushed
- 50 g butter melted
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 100 g cream cheese full fat
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 100 g strawberry champagne jam
- 100 ml double (heavy) cream whipped
- 4 silicon cupcake cases
- Mix the crushed digestives with the butter and cocoa powder.
- Divide between the four cupcake cases and press up the sides to create a cup,
- refrigerate for at least half an hour until firm.
- Put the cream cheese and sugar into a bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon. Divide between the cupcakes and refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
- Place a couple of teaspoons of strawberry and champagne Jam on top of each mini-cheesecake and return to the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, remove from the silicone case and, if liked, top with a swirl of whipped cream.