Sweet Apple Slices make the perfect autumn (fall) snack when apples are plentiful and, if like me you have an apple tree, you will be actively looking for recipes to make the most of your seasonal produce. Of course, apples are available all year round so you can enjoy these tasty snacks year round too.
This recipe came about through a search for sweet apple recipes, the recipe for Cinnamon Apple Chips that I found looked good, but the apple slices were dipped in sugar syrup and I felt that they didn’t really need that much sugar. So I set about creating my own less sweet version of the recipe.
The apple slices are crisp at the edges but still slightly soft in the middle with a thin layer of caramelised sugar on top. I ate them straight away and they were really good, the apple flavour was intensified by the heat and caramelisation. I don’t think they would keep very long, but then again I seriously don’t think they will last long as they are so good as well as looking really pretty.
Pin for later
More Great Seasonal Apple Recipes from Farmersgirl Kitchen
Sweet Apple Slices
- Baking sheet
- baking parchment
- 1 medium
- 1 tsp sugar caster/superfine
- Slice the apple thinly. I used a mandoline
- Lay the apple slices onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment and sprinkle with the caster sugar.
- Bake at 200C/400F for 4-5 minutes until the edges start to curl.
- Eat as soon as they have cooled enough not to burn you, about 3 minutes minimum.