I’m beginning to see a bit of a pattern in the Recipe Clippings that are being shared this month, we have a feast of comfort food! I’m not complaining though, I love homely dishes that fill you up and taste great. Many thanks to everyone who joined me for Recipe Clippings this month, the Linky to join in with your Recipe Clippings for April is at the bottom of this post.
Cruffins – by Jane at Onions and Paper, a sort of cross between a crumpet and a muffin and no less tasty. It was snipped from one of my favourite, and much missed magazines, Family Circle.
Vietnamese Chicken Salad a traditional Vietmanese recipe inherited from T.U.’s Grandmother and shared on Cloud of Cookmorphosis.
Warm Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Sauce is served up by Elizabeth at Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary alongside a very moving story which I urge you to read. I love gingerbread but have never thought to serve it as Elizabeth has done, with a lemon sauce, so thanks for sharing this childhood recipe, Elizabeth.
Posh Toad in the Hole posh because it contains Chorizo and Pork Sausages wrapped in bacon and red onions. This is the dish created by Deon at Food Jam from a recipe in Good Food Magazine.
Pastitsio is another delicious recipe from Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary and this time it’s a recipe provided via a photocopy from Elizabeth’s father. Well thank you Dad, now that really is a comfort food special, just what I like.
There are a number of different ways you can join in and cook up the recipes from your #RecipeClippings
Make a recipe from a magazine/newspaper clipping or note:
- post a photograph and the recipe, or a link to a recipe, on your blog and add to the InLinkz linky at the bottom of this post. Link to Farmersgirl Kitchen in your blog post and include the #RecipeClippings logo OR
- post a photograph and description on Instagram tagging FarmersgirlCook and using #RecipeClippings OR
- post a photograph and description on Twitter tagging @FarmersgirlCook and using #RecipeClippings OR
- like and post a photograph and description on Farmersgirl Kitchen Facebook page using #RecipeClippingsYOU ONLY NEED TO DO ONE OF THESE, BUT YOU CAN DO MORE IF YOU WISH
- You may post recipes you have clipped from magazines, newspapers or have written down from friends and family.Please credit the author of the recipe or ask permission.
- Please say where the recipe came from.
- Three entries per month.
- I will re-share any posts and/or photos that are tagged
- Recipes must be added to the linky by the 28th of each month.