Cranberry and Sour Cherry Flapjacks
Juicy, slightly tart berries and crunchy toasted hazelnuts make these Cranberry and Sour Cherry Flapjacks an ideal snack or lunchbox treat.
- 110 g/ 4oz butter
- 80 g/3oz soft light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 80 ml/3floz clear honey
- 250 g/9oz rolled porridge oats
- 80 g/3oz dried sour cherries
- 80 g/30z dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 50 g/2oz roasted hazelnuts broken into pieces
Preheat the oven to 180C/370F/Gas4
Melt the butter, sugar, honey and peanut butter together in a pan over a medium heat.
Add the rolled oats, dried fruit, dessicated coconut and hazelnuts and stir well.
Pour the flapjack mixture inot a greased 30cm/12in x 20cm/8in square baking tin. Press the mixture into the corners and smooth the top.
Place into the oven to bake for 20 minutes, or until golden-brown and bubbling.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Turn out of the tin and cut into equal-sized squares.