Find more recipes at farmersgirlkitchen.co.uk
Cranberry and Sour Cherry Flapjacks
Juicy, slightly tart berries and crunchy toasted hazelnuts make these Cranberry and Sour Cherry Flapjacks an ideal snack or lunchbox treat.
- 110 g/ 4oz butter
- 80 g/3oz soft light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 80 ml/3floz clear honey
- 250 g/9oz rolled porridge oats
- 80 g/3oz dried sour cherries
- 80 g/30z dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 50 g/2oz roasted hazelnuts broken into pieces
Preheat the oven to 180C/370F/Gas4
Melt the butter, sugar, honey and peanut butter together in a pan over a medium heat.
Add the rolled oats, dried fruit, dessicated coconut and hazelnuts and stir well.
Pour the flapjack mixture inot a greased 30cm/12in x 20cm/8in square baking tin. Press the mixture into the corners and smooth the top.
Place into the oven to bake for 20 minutes, or until golden-brown and bubbling.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Turn out of the tin and cut into equal-sized squares.