Chocolate Cherry Energy Bars
An easy to make, healthy cereal bar that is perfect for breakfast or any time of the day.
- 100 g butter
- 200 g clear honey
- 150 g rolled oats
- 50 g cocoa powder I used Sugar and Crumbs, Cherry flavoured cocoa powder
- 130 g mixed seeds
- 10 g Chia Bia Powder optional*
- 10 g Baobab Superfruit powder optional*
- 100 g chopped nuts I used walnuts
- 100 g dried cherries alternatively sultanas or cranberries
- 50 g ground almonds
- *If not using the Chia or Bilbao powders then add an additional 20g mixed seeds.
Heat the oven to 180C
Melt the butter and honey in a saucepan
Stir in the remaining ingredients and press into a 22cm square baking tin
Bake for 15 minutes
Allow to cool slightly before cutting into bars
Leave to cool completely before removing.
Serving: 90gCalories: 402kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 9gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 77mgPotassium: 268mgFiber: 6gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 610IUVitamin C: 0.4mgCalcium: 57mgIron: 2.7mg
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE NOW to join my newsletter list & receive a FREE 'How To Adapt Recipes For Your Slow Cooker’ printable!