Cheesy Butternut Squash, Chickpea and Pasta Bake
A comforting and filling pasta bake
- 1 large butternut squash peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 150 g dried chickpeas soaked overnight and cooked in boiling water until just tender
- 3 tagliatelle 'nests'
- 100 g Philadelphia cream cheese mine was the light one but any will do
- 100 g cheddar cheese grated (you can use any hard cheese)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oven to 200C. Put the oil in a roasting tray and add the squash, roast for 30-40 minutes until soft and slightly browned.
Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions in boiling water, when ready, drain and mix the cream cheese into the pasta. Season to taste.
Mix the cheesy pasta with the chickpeas and roasted butternut squash and put in a buttered or oiled ovenproof dish.
Sprinkle the grated cheese over the pasta bake and put in the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted and formed a crunchy golden topping.
Serve with a green vegetable.
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE NOW to join my newsletter list & receive a FREE 'How To Adapt Recipes For Your Slow Cooker’ printable!