Vanilla Frozen Yogurt (Ice Cream Machine)
A simple 3 ingredient recipe to make delicious Vanilla Frozen Yogurt in your ice cream machine.
- 720 g good quality whole-milk strained yogurt or Greek strained yogurt
- 150 g caster sugar superfine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Put the yogurt, sugar and vanilla in a bowl.
Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Churn in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Serve from the churn or spoon into a container and freeze for up to 2 weeks. Remove from the freezer and allow to sit for 20 minutes to soften a little before serving.
How to make strained yogurt:
To make the Vanilla Frozen Yogurt recipe you will need to start with 1.5 kg of whole milk natural yogurt to make 720 g of strained yogurt.
- To make 240g of strained yogurt, line a mesh sieve with a few layers of muslin or cheesecloth.
- Spoon 480 g natural whole-milk yogurt into the muslin.
- Gather the ends of the muslin and fold them over the yogurt.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
Calories: 254kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 18gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 65mgPotassium: 254mgSugar: 43gCalcium: 198mgIron: 1mg
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE NOW to join my newsletter list & receive a FREE 'How To Adapt Recipes For Your Slow Cooker’ printable!