Fennel and Orange Salad
A fresh zingy salad using crunchy fennel and sweet, juicy oranges.
For the salad
- 1 bulb Fennel finely sliced
- 1 pink grapefruit peeled and cut into segments
- 2 blood oranges peeled and cut into segments
- 1 orange pepper finely sliced
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp lime infused rapeseed oil or plain olive oil if preferred
- 1 tbsp juice saved from the citrus fruit
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
Layer the vegetables into a serving bowl, top with the citrus fruit segments add a few fennel fronds to garnish.
Make the dressing by mixing together all the ingredients and shake in a lidded container or whisk in a bowl to combine.
Pour the dressing over the salad about 30 minutes before serving. Or serve at the table. if preferred.
Make the Fennel and Orange Salad into a light meal by adding:
This recipe will serve 4 as an appetiser or side salad and 2-3 people as a light meal with additional protein added.
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Flaked cooked Salmon
- Hot or cold smoked salmon pieces
- Cooked Chicken or Ham
Calories: 126kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 2gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 177mgPotassium: 400mgFiber: 4gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1732IUVitamin C: 70mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 1mg
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE NOW to join my newsletter list & receive a FREE 'How To Adapt Recipes For Your Slow Cooker’ printable!