California Prune Energy Bars
- 225 g rolled oats
- 25 g linseed I didn't have any so used sesame seeds
- 25 g pumpkin seeds
- 60 g chopped California Prunes
- 90 g vegetable oil
- 50 g chopped stem ginger
- 100 g runny honey
- 60 g California Prune Puree*
First make the *California Prune Puree (makes 275g)
- Blend 225g stoned California Prunes with 90ml /6tbsp water in liquidiser until pureed.
To make the bars
- 1. Heat the oils, honey, California Prunes and prune puree in a saucepan until runny.
- 2. Mix the oats, linseed, pumpkin seeds, and ginger.
- 3. Spread in a shallow tray to a depth of 1cm. Bake at 180C for 15 minutes
- 4. Remove from the oven, allow to cool and cut into 4cm slices.
More Oat Bars from Farmersgirl Kitchen
PIN FOR LATER
The real revelation in these California Prune Energy Bars is not so much the prunes, but the ginger. It adds a fresh and spicy bite to an otherwise sweet snack. So if you are looking for a really tasty energy bite with the warmth of ginger and loads of texture, then do try this recipe.