Peppered Lamb with Apple & Mint Glaze is a tasty way to serve lamb steaks. The warm familiar heat of crushed peppercorns is complimented by a sweet fruity glaze with a hint of mint. .
Cover the lamb steaks with peppercorns
Rub the lamb with olive oil and then press the crushed peppercorns onto them.
Prepare the potatoes
- Wash the potatoes well (peel if liked)
- Slice the potatoes thinly
Layer the potatoes
- Layer the potato slices into the base of a buttered casserole dish
- Season each layer with salt and pepper
Brown the lamb steaks
- Add a teaspoon of oil to a frying pan
- Brown the lamb steaks on both sides
Add the Apple & Mint Jelly
- Place the lamb steaks on top of the layered potatoes in the casserole.
- Add half a jar of apple and mint jelly and 250 ml chicken stock
Bake in the oven
Bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 170C
What does Peppered Lamb with Apple & Mint Jelly taste like?
It tastes very good. The potatoes take on the flavour of the lamb and the sweet mint jelly and fiery peppercorns.
Peppered Lamb with Apple & Mint Jelly
- 4 lamb steaks
- 3 large potatoes
- 100 ml Apple & Mint Jelly mint jelly
- 250 ml lamb or chicken stock
- 3 tbsp crushed peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Rub the lamb steaks with olived oil and covered with the crushed peppercorns, pressing them into the lamb.