The sun is shining and what better way to enjoy the sunshine than to sit outside with a chilled glass of a delicious drink and a bowl of this Avocado and Olive Salsa with HealthyFry Tortilla Chips.
I created this recipe for Avocado and Olive Salsa after finding a quarter full tub of mixed olives and a few stems of coriander in the fridge. Further foraging and I discovered two very ripe avocados in the fruit bowl that would need to be used soon or they were going to spoil. I always have fresh tomatoes, and keep tortillas or wraps in the freezer.
Having decided on making an Avocado and Olive Salsa, I wanted something to serve alongside, for scooping and dipping (no double dipping though -arrrghh!) So I thought I’d try making my own tortilla chips in my favourite kitchen gadget, the Optimum HealthyFry. The Optimum HealthyFry Air Fryer features hot air circulation (Rapid Air), ingredients are heated evenly from all sides allowing you to prepare fried food with no oil, while still maintaining the taste and texture of conventional fried foods. As well as frying it works like a little mini oven and I use it for baking, reheating, I even cook burgers in it!
The Optimum HealthyFry Air Fryer is currently on SALE for £129 (Save £70) and as I’m a Froothie Ambassador you get free delivery in the UK! Just you use my ambassador link to order your HealthyFry Air Fryer simply type “3116” and “free ambassador delivery” in the comment section of the order. Delivery will be credited back to your card.
You can add some sesame seeds with the oil, or perhaps a little salt or paprika, whatever you like, mix it up and try different flavours, it’s so easy to make these chips you can be really creative.
Avocado and Olive Salsa with HealthyFry Tortilla Chips
For the Salsa
- 2 ripe avocados peeled and stoned
- 4 medium tomatoes or 8 cherry tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp olives sliced
- 2 tsp of the oil from the olives
- small bunch of coriander leaves roughly chopped
For the Tortilla chips
- 2 large tortillas or wraps
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- For the Salsa
- Cut the avocado into small chunks and place into a mixing bowl
- Cut the tomatoes into similar sized pieces and add to the bowl.
- Slice the olives add to the bowl with the 2 tsp of oil.
- Add the roughly chopped coriander (retaining a little for garnish) and mix gently
- Place into a serving dish and garnish with coriander leaves.
For the Tortilla Chips
- Pre-heat the HealthyFry
- Cut the tortillas into triangles with a pair of scissors or a knife.
- Place in a plastic bag with the oil and mix to give a light coating on all the tortilla pieces, alternately you can brush the tortillas lightly with oil before cutting
- Set the HealthyFry to 180C for 3 minutes and add the tortilla pieces
- Check after 2 minutes and move around with a heatproof spatula, then finish the 'frying'
- Once toasty brown, remove the tortilla chips to a cooling tray and leave to cool.
More great Salsa recipes from Top UK bloggers
Papaya Salsa from Tin & Thyme
Radish and Lime Salsa from Supper in the Suburbs
Sweetcorn Salsa from Hungry Healthy Happy
Watercress Salsa Verde from Hedgecombers
Oeufs en Cocotte with Spicy Salsa from Hedgecombers
Disclosure: Froothie UK sent me the Optimum HealthyFry Air Fryer to use and review at home. I have not been paid for this post and was not required to give the HealthyFry a positive write-up. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links included in this post, buying through a link will not cost you anymore, but I will get a small commission. This helps keep Farmersgirl Kitchen website online providing recipes and reviews for you.