Combined with some pitta bread and salad, the Perfect Picnic Guacamole becomes a feast. To transfer your guacamole to the picnic location, just put it in a plastic box and pack the bread and salad separately. You can spread the guacamole onto the pita bread, or tear it off and dip it into the soft mashed avocado. Take lots of napkins or kitchen towels to wipe your fingers and mouth after your feast.
Perfect Picnic Guacamole Recipe
Perfect Picnic Guacamole
- 1 avocado stone and skin removed
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 1/2 a small chilli
- 2 tomatoes de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 lime
- handful of coriander leaves chopped
- Place the avocado in a bowl and mash roughly with a fork. Add the spring onion, chilli and tomatoes. Squeeze in the lime juice, add the coriander leaves and mix all the ingredients together. Serve in a bowl or scoop into a plastic box to take on your picnic.
More Picnic Recipes
I’m entering the Perfect Picnic Guacamole for Tea Time Treats where the theme this month is ‘Picnic food’. Tea Time Treats is run by Karen at Lavender and Lovage and Janie at Hedgecombers. Guacamole is also appropriate for The Spice Trail where are off on a ‘Beach Barbeque’, guacamole is a great accompaniment to a barbeque, imagine barbequed steak or chicken in a tortilla with salad and guacamole, delicious! The Spice Trail is the challenge run by Vanesther at Bangers and Mash and there is a prize of a copy of Nigella Summer.