Salmon isn’t just for summer, it’s one of the easiest fish to cook and very popular with the whole family all year round and this Baked Salmon with Herbs is really easy to make and feeds a crowd.
Omega-3 also helps to significantly reduce the chances of cancer and heart disease and boosts sporting performance and concentration. Seafood has long been recognised as the best dietary source of Omega-3.
It’s also a myth that fish is expensive, there are some really good deals in fish if you look out for them, I got this side of salmon for £10 and you could feed 6 adults generously which I think is a bit of a bargain.
Baked Scottish Salmon with Herbs
- 1 kg Scottish salmon side or 6 fillets
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme
- salt and pepper
- Wash and the salmon and dry with kitchen paper.
- Line a baking tray with foil and place the salmon on top, brush the salmon with oil and sprinkle over the herbs, top with slices from half a lemon.
- Lightly season, then cover with another sheet of foil and crimp the edges so that the salmon is sealed in a foil parcel.
- Bake in the oven at 160 C for about 30 minutes until the salmon is opaque.
- Serve with new potatoes and a green vegetable.