Porridge for Breakfast
A lot of people who don’t eat breakfast say that they don’t have time in the morning. This super tasty porridge in a flask takes only a few minutes to make before you go to bed and it’s ready to eat when you get up next morning.
Making Fruity Porridge in a Flask
The original recipe for this is Slow Cooked Vanilla Spice Oatmeal from ‘Pure Vanilla’ by Shauna Sever, which I blogged about last November. But I’ve made some changes this time, leaving out the vanilla and adding a bit more cinnamon and mixed spice and an additional 1/3 cup of mixed luxury dried fruits.
I served my porridge with banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon, but you can add cream, yogurt, nuts and any other fruits you enjoy.
It’s Farmhouse Breakfast Week all this week and there are loads of breakfast ideas on the Shake Up your Wake Up website.
As this is a ‘cooked’ breakfast I’m adding it to Breakfast Club, if you make a cooked or baked breakfast you can join us until 24th February.
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground mixed spice
- 1/3 cup dried fruit chopped
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- Combine all ingredients in a jug; add 1 3/4 cups milk and stir to blend. Cook in the microwave until the milk is steaming. Pour it into the vaccum flask and close the lid. Leave overnight.