Pepper Steak Marinade is my interpretation of the classic Pepper Steak. It’s easy to prepare and has all the flavour of the classic dish plus it helps to tenderise the meat.
We are big fans of the pepper steak, but sometimes, the steak can be a bit tough and even a little tasteless. So I thought I would see if I could improve this simple dish with a tasty marinade to tenderise the meat and add flavour to the steak.
I served the steak with corn cobs, steamed then place in a parcel of foil with seasoning and butter and baked in the oven. Also red pepper with tomato, garlic and basil basted with olive oil and roasted. The field mushrooms were dotted with butter, sprayed with olive oil spray and roasted too.
The whole dish was quite delicious, the marinade was incredibly tasty, you could not have known that there was soy sauce in it, every flavour conspired to enhance the flavour of the steak and it was butter tender. This one is a keeper!
More Marinade Recipes from Farmersgirl Kitchen
Pepper Steak Marinade
- 400 g sirloin steak two small steaks
- 2 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns crushed
- 1 tsp salt I used fennel salt but you could use ordinary sea salt
- Combine all the ingredients to make the marinade and marinate the steak for at least 2 hours.
- Drain the marinade from the steak and grill 3-4 inches from the heat until cooked to your liking.