In case you’re not familiar with the strange looking white gadget behind the strawberry mousse, it’s a Cream Whipper. It makes delicious whipped cream, mousses, flavoured toppings, garnishes or foams in seconds. Perfect for topping cakes, coffees, milkshakes, and desserts. You can create the lightest, fluffiest whipped cream in an instant – leave it plain or add flavourings, from simple vanilla to whatever else you fancy! You can even make a dairy-free, healthier alternative to whipped cream using coconut milk.
You can also use a cream whipper to infuse alcohol with all kinds of flavours and herbs – ideal for cocktails!
Recipe for Summer Strawberry Mousse
Summer Strawberry Mousse
- 400 g strawberries
- 75 g icing/powdered sugar
- 150 ml double cream
- Hull the strawberries and set aside 6-8 to decorate the mousse.
- Whizz the rest of the strawberries in a blender or use a stick blender until you have a liquid strawberry puree. Sieve the puree to remove the seeds.
- Add the sieved icing sugar and whizz again to blend.
- Add the cream and stir together gently (do not blend)
- Pour the mixture into the Cream Whipper, closing the top firmly, screw on the nozzle of your choice, then apply the gas as per the instructions that come with the whipper.
- Shake the mixture gently and fill glasses or bowls with the mousse by compressing the lever.
- Top with the remaining strawberries.
N2O also acts as a natural preservative so the cream stays fresh in the whipper for up to 10 days if kept in a fridge. The Cream Whipper is only suitable for making whipped cream, if you want to make Espumas or hot sauces, Discount Cream also sell commercial grade Stainless Steel whippers.
I was surprised just how easy and fun it was to use the Cream Dispenser and the cream does keep well in the fridge. Adding air to the cream makes it go a lot further, so you actually eat less! There is no artificial flavour and the strawberry mousse was so light and tasted only of strawberries and cream.
More Strawberry Recipes
Cream Whipper – RRP £24.99, Discount Cream price £17.49
I was supplied with a Cream Dispenser to review by Discount Cream.