Easy Apple Pickle is a crunchy sweet and sour pickle that, surprisingly, is not cooked at all. It’s the perfect accompaniment to cheeses and cold meats and is a long time favourite in my kitchen.
More Chutneys and Pickles from Farmersgirl Kitchen
Sweet Cucumber Relish is a sweet, crunchy and pickled relish that is ideal to liven up your sandwiches, burgers, salads and more.
This Pineapple Chilli Jam is a sweet and sour sensation. Ideal with curries and cold meats.
More Pickle Recipes
Quick Pickled Beet Stems – Veggie Desserts
Carrot PIckles – Tin & Thyme
Easy Apple Pickle
- 450 g onions peeled
- 675 g cooking apples peeled and cored
- 450 g stoned dates
- 450 g sultanas
- 450 g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 550 ml ready spiced malt vinegar
- Mince the onions, apples and dates in a large bowl
- Add the vinegar
- Mix in the sultanas, sugar, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Cover with a cloth and leave for 24 hours.
- Pack into warm, clean jars, cover, seal and label. Put the jars in a cool dark place for about 2 months before using.