Baked Blackcurrant Swirl Cheesecake has a lovely texture, with jammy swirls of blackcurrant puree through the creamy cheesecake mixture.
How to make Baked Blackcurrant Swirl Cheesecake
Grease a 20cm spring form tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper. Press the crumb mixture over the base and refrigerate until firm.
For the filling, blend the cream cheese and amaretto (if using) in a food processor until smooth.
More Cheesecake Recipes from Farmersgirl Kitchen
Rhubarb Cheesecake Bars are a delicious combination of flavours and textures. The base is a bit like a flapjack, sweet, crisp and oaty.
Quick and Easy Blood Orange Mini Cheesecakes are a brilliant dessert made with very little effort. There’s a buttery crisp biscuit base, light, and creamy cheesecake and blood orange topping, all contained in a little glass ramekin.
More Cheesecake Recipes
No-Bake Malteser Cheesecake – Crumbs & Corkscrews
Passionfruit Martini Cheesecake – Baking Explorer
Baked Blackcurrant Swirl Cheesecake
For the fruit puree
- 225 g fresh or frozen blackcurrants
- 50 g caster sugar
For the base
- 85 g shortbread biscuits/cookies
- 50 g ground almonds
- 45 g butter melted
For the cheesecake filling
- 600 g cream cheese softened
- 25 ml Amaretto liqueur optional
- 175 ml soured cream
- 2 eggs
- 225 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp shavings dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 150C/gas1. Puree the blackcurrants in a food processor and strain through a sieve.
- You should have about 100ml of puree. Place the puree and sugar in a small saucepan set over a medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, until thickened, and set aside to cool.
- To make the base, place the biscuit/crackers in a food processor and process until crushed.Add the ground almonds and butter and blend once more, until combined.
- Grease a 20cm spring form tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper. Press the crumb mixture over the base and refrigerate until firm.
- For the filling, blend the cream cheese and amaretto in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, eggs, sugar, and vanilla, and process until combined. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the base.
- Drizzle the blackcurrant mixture over, and swirl lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 1 hour, until firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool at room temperature, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Decorate with chocolate shavings and serve in wedges.