One of the keys to a really good pasta salad is good quality pasta because the better the pasta the less likely it is to go soggy. It’s also important to cook the pasta until it is only just cooked or al dente, you really don’t want it to be waterlogged.
More Salad Recipes from Farmersgirl Kitchen
PIN FOR LATER
Recipe for Chilli Fennel and Walnut Pasta Salad
Chilli Fennel and Walnut Pasta Salad
- 225 g good quality pasta cooked in boiling salted water, drained and cooled in cold water, then drained again.
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1/4 cucumber diced
- 1/2 fennel bulb chopped
- 50 g walnut pieces
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 tsp chilli jam or sweet chilli sauce or to taste
- 1 tsp honey
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mix the salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and season to taste.
- Mix the dressing into the pasta and vegetables, cover the bowl and leave for flavours to mingle for about 20 minutes.
More Pasta Salad Recipes from Top Bloggers
Caesar Pasta Salad – Little Sunny Kitchen
Greek Pasta Salad – Hungry Healthy Happy
Chilli Prawn and Pasta Salad – Fab Food 4 All
Sicilian Pasta Salad – Tin & Thyme
Dill Pickle Pasta Salad – Recipes from a Pantry
Vegetarian Vermicelli Pasta Bowl – Simply Food