This recipe for Slow Cooker Lamb with Rosemary Garlic and Lemon couldn’t be easier to make. You simply marinate a leg of lamb with rosemary, garlic and lemon overnight and pop in the slow cooker in the morning.
I really like to get the prep out of the way the night before and have a minimum wok in the morning.
Marinading overnight means you get a lot more flavour from the long marinating time as well as from the long slow cooking time.
Prepare the Slow Cooker Lamb with Garlic, Rosemary and Lemon
- Prepare the leg of lamb by making small slits with a sharp knife.
- Peel the garlic and cut into slivers.
- Put the garlic pieces into half of the slits.
- Cut or pull off short pieces of fresh rosemary and push these into the remaining slits
Marinate the Lamb
Place the lamb and the rest of the ingredients in a bag or a bowl which can be sealed. Leave overnight for all the flavours to permeate the leg of lamb.
In the morning place the lamb, lemon slices, herbs, and marinade juices into the slow cooker. And cook on low for 8 hours.
The lamb was delicious, falling apart and full of flavour. I made gravy with the juices and served it with a potato and celeriac gratin and roasted carrots.
More Slow Cooker Meat Joints from Farmersgirl Kitchen
Why not try this Roast Chicken Dinner for Two is the easiest roast dinner you will make. The chicken, potatoes, and vegetables are cooked together, even the stuffing cooks in the Slow Cooker.
Slow Cooker Ham in Ginger Beer is a very simple recipe and the ginger beer adds a sweet and spicy flavour to a ham or gammon joint. Glaze with a sticky ginger preserve and serve it warm with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables or cold with salad and pickles.
Another overnight marinated recipe is Slow Cooker Chipotle Chilli Beef it really packs a punch of flavour.
More Slow Cooker Meat Joints
- Slow Cooker Shoulder of Lamb with Apricot and Chestnut Stuffing – Fab Food 4 All
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Sage and Onion Stuffing – Baking Queen 74
This is my entry for The Slow Cooked Challenge this month. The Slow Cooked Challenge is a monthly Linky party for all slowly cooked food which I run with Lucy from Baking Queen 74. You can read all the information about the challenge and join in our March ‘Oranges and Lemons’ Citrus Linky CLOSED.
I’m also adding it to Cooking with Herbs the Linky Party run by Karen at Lavender and Lovage. The theme this month is Herbs for Easter and Spring, and this lamb dish is ideal for Easter or Spring entertaining.
Stay in touch with everything that’s going on at Farmersgirl Kitchen.
Slow Cooker Lamb with Rosemary and Lemon
- 2 kg Leg of Scotch Lamb bone in for more flavour
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 tbsp of olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 litre lamb stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pierce the leg of lamb all over with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Push pieces of rosemary into half of the holes and slivers of garlic into the other half making sure you distribute them evenly.
- Place the lamb into a large plastic bag, add the lemon slices and the remaining rosemary sprigs and the oil into the bag and season well.
- Seal the top of the bag with a clip and place in the fridge.
- Place the bag in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, empty the contents of the bag into your slow cooker or crockpot and add a litre of lamb stock.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.