There are many versions of Honey and Garlic Chicken, the recipe I’m giving you here started is a bit of a hybrid and, unlike most of the slow cooker Honey and Garlic Chicken recipes, this one involves marinading the chicken in the sauce overnight, so you can simply empty it into the slow cooker in the morning and off you go!
- 4 chicken thighs (I cut up a whole chicken, roasted the breast and used the thighs, drumsticks and wings for this recipes)
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 5 tbsp honey
- 8 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 8 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Place the chicken in a large plastic freezer bag.
- Mix the other ingredients in a bowl and then add to the freezer bag, moving the chicken around in the bag to make sure it is covered.
- Seal or clip the top of the bag and place on a plate or tray in the refrigerator overnight.
- Next day, tip the contents of the bag into the slow cooker, make sure you get as much sauce out as possible.
- Cook on High for 4-5 hours or on Low for 6-7 hours.
- You can serve as it is on rice or noodles, however I took the chicken off the bone and mixed it with the noodles and some lightly cooked broccoli florets.
- *Be careful if you use drumsticks or wings, as they have small bones which may come away from the chicken while cooking and they are difficult to see in the dark sauce.
I hope you enjoy this tasty and super simple recipe.