Slow Cooker Chipotle Chilli Beef is a joint of beef cooked in a sweet, spicy and smoky marinade. Cooking the beef in your slow cooker ensures it is is fork-tender and the cooking liquor becomes a delicious sauce.
It’s the beef equivalent of pulled pork. it is super easy to make and you are going to love it.
A simple Slow Cooker recipe
I like my recipes simple and quick to prepare and Slow Cooker Chipotle Chilli Beef is just that. All you need to do is make the marinade pour it over the beef. Leave it overnight and put it in the slow cooker in the morning.
When it’s done, the sauce is improved by reducing it over medium heat, but otherwise, you just need to pull it apart with forks.
About the Ingredients
Which cut of beef should I use?
The ideal cut of beef for this recipe is brisket, slow cooking is a great way to tenderise brisket.
I didn’t use brisket this time because I got a reduced price piece of topside of beef. I removed most of the fat before cooking.
What are chipotle chillis?
Chipotle Chillies are smoke-dried Jalapeno chillis. They have a medium heat and a lovely smoky flavour. You can also buy Chipotle Chilli paste.
What kind of beer should I use?
I used a light ale for my marinade. I would recommend an ale rather than a lager type of beer. You can also use dark stout beers which add a real earthy rich flavour to the sauce.
How to make Slow Cooker Chipotle Chilli Beef
Make the Marinade
- Mix together the tomato paste, mustard, vinegar, maple syrup or honey, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and freshly ground black pepper.
- Crush the garlic cloves with the salt and add to the marinade mixture.
- Slowly add the beer until it is all mixed through.
How to marinate the beef
I marinated my piece of beef directly in the slow cooker pot, put on the lid and left it in the fridge overnight.
If you don’t have room to do this, you can marinate the beef in another container or a large sealable plastic bag. Turn the beef in the marinade at least once.
In the morning, put the slow cooker pot straight into the base unit and start to cook. Or empty the contents of your bag or container into the slow cooker.
When the Chipotle Chilli Beef is cooked
Lift the beef from the slow cooker onto a plate and cover it with foil
Pout the cooking liquid into a jug and allow the fat to rise to the surface. Skim off the fat and reduce the cooking liquid by simmering in an open pan on the stove until they thicken slightly.
Pull the Chipotle Chilli Beef
Use two forks and pull the meat apart, it will fall apart easily. Place on a serving dish and, pour over about half of the reduced cooking liquid.
You can also serve the Chilli Beef in a bun with coleslaw just as you would for pulled pork.
More Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
Carbonnade of Beef, a slowly cooked stew of beef in dark beer.
Slow Cooker Beef Brisket – Baking Queen 74
More Chipotle Chilli Recipes
Chipotle Chilli Potato Wedges – Farmersgirl Kitchen
Chipotle Pork Chilli with Popped Beans – Hungry Healthy Happy
Easy Homemade Chipotle Ketchup – Tinned Tomatoes
Are we connected?
Stay in touch with everything that’s going on at Farmersgirl Kitchen.
Slow Cooker Chipotle Chilli Beef
- 2 kg beef brisket
- 1 tbsp crushed chipotle chilies
- 6 tbsp tomato paste
- 500 ml light ale
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine the marinade ingredients. Place the beef in a large container and cover with the marinade. Cover the container and place it in the fridge overnight, turning occasionally.
- In the morning transfer all the ingredients to your slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Pout the cooking liquid into a jug and allow the fat to rise to the surface.
- Skim off the fat and reduce the cooking liquid by simmering in an open pan on the stove until they thicken slightly.
- Pull the meat with two forks and place on a serving dish, pour over about half of the reduced cooking liquid and serve the rest at the table in a jug or gravy dish.