The Best Leftover Turkey Club Sub Sandwich features delicious layers of roasted turkey, cheese, bacon, salad and pickles, all held together in a sourdough baguette. The Club Sandwich is my absolute favourite sandwich and whether it’s leftovers from Thanksgiving in the USA or from Christmas dinner in the UK, every cook is looking for great ways to use turkey leftovers.
I’ve created a step by step guide making it easy for you to recreate the Best Leftover Turkey Club Sub Sandwich, all you need to do is get the ingredients into your fridge and larder ready for the day after your celebration.
Step by Step Guide to the Best Leftover Turkey Club Sub Sandwich
Choose your french loaf carefully, I would say buy the best one you can. This is a sourdough baguette and it had a lovely crisp crust and sliced beautifully providing the perfect base for the leftover Turkey Club Sub Sandwich.
Mix the mayonnaise with the grain mustard and honey and spread it onto the base of the french loaf.
Cover the mayonnaise mix with the sliced Edam cheese and then top with the slices of leftover turkey.
Cover the turkey slices with the crisp slices of streaky bacon.
Next, add the sliced cucumber and tomatoes and finish with sliced pickled gherkins or, in my case, homemade cucumber pickle.
I served the Turkey sandwich with extra mustard mayonnaise, cucumber pickles, and pickled beetroot. You can serve it whatever with your favourite accompaniments.
Recipe for the Best Leftover Turkey Club Sub Sandwich
The Best Leftover Turkey Club Sub Sandwich
- 1 45 cm French Loaf (baguette)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp grain mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 6 slices Edam Cheese I used pre-sliced cheese
- 200 grams sliced cooked turkey
- 100 grams streaky bacon grilled until crisp
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 100 grams sliced gherkins or cucumber pickle
- Slice the french loaf in half lengthwise
- Mix the grain mustard, honey and mayonnaise in a bowl, then spread on the bottom of the french loaf.
- Lay on the cheese slices followed by the cooked turkey and then the grilled bacon.
- Add the cucumber and tomato slices and finish with the pickled gherkins or homemade cucumber pickle.
- Slice into 6 substantial sandwiches, go bigger or smaller whatever suits you and your family members' appetite.
More Turkey Leftovers Recipes
More Sandwich Recipes
Carrot Hummus & Avocado Sandwich – Tinned Tomatoes
Ploughman’s Open Sandwich– Fab Food 4 All
Harissa Halloumi Sandwich – Hungry Healthy Happy
WHY NOT PIN FOR LATER?