The Best Leftover Turkey Club Sub Sandwich features delicious layers of roasted turkey, cheese, bacon, salad, and pickles. All these gorgeous ingredients are held together in a sourdough baguette.
The Club Sandwich is my absolute favourite sandwich. It’s a great way to use turkey leftovers from Thanksgiving in the USA or from Christmas dinner in the UK.
I’ve created a step by step guide to make it easy for you to recreate the Best Leftover Turkey Club Sub Sandwich. All you need to make sure you have the ingredients into your fridge and larder ready for the day after your celebration.
How to make the Best Leftover Turkey Club Sub Sandwich
Choose your french loaf carefully, I would say buy the best one you can. This is a sourdough baguette and it had a lovely crisp crust. I sliced beautifully, providing the perfect base for the Turkey sandwich.
I love a crusty loaf but if you prefer a softer sandwich use the bread that you like best.
Make the honey mustard spread
Mix the mayonnaise with the grain mustard and honey and spread it onto the base of the french loaf.
The protein layers
Cover the mayonnaise mix with the sliced Edam cheese and then top with the slices of leftover turkey. Use whatever you have, most cheeses and cold meats will work well in this sandwich.
There’s nothing quite like salty crispy bacon for flavour and texture. So cover the turkey slices with the crisp slices of streaky bacon. Be generous with the bacon.
The salad and pickles
Next, add the sliced cucumber and tomatoes and finish with sliced pickled gherkins or, in my case, homemade sweet cucumber pickle. Use your favourite pickles, Piccalilli or even sliced pickled beetroot would pack in the flavour, but I love pickled cucumber.
I served the Turkey sandwich with extra mustard mayonnaise, cucumber pickles, and pickled beetroot. on the side. You can serve it whatever with your favourite accompaniments.
More Turkey Leftovers Recipes from Farmersgirl Kitchen
Leftover Turkey and Leek Pasta Bake is the easiest recipe for a leftover turkey bake, you don’t even have to make a sauce.
Cheee, Turkey & Bacon Quiche is a great way to combine leftover turkey with cheese from your cheeseboard and create a new meal.
Coronation Turkey Salad is a light and fresh way to eat your leftover turkey, serve it with lots of fresh salad vegetables.
Tortilla Bake is so popular in our house. Season your leftovers with Mexican spices and layer up with all the fajita trimmings.
More Sandwich Recipes
Three Super Creative Sandwiches and a Pizzette – Farmersfirl kitchen
Carrot Hummus & Avocado Sandwich – Tinned Tomatoes
Ploughman’s Open Sandwich– Fab Food 4 All
Harissa Halloumi Sandwich – Hungry Healthy Happy
The Best Leftover Turkey Club Sub Sandwich
- 1 45 cm French Loaf (baguette)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp grain mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 6 slices Edam Cheese I used pre-sliced cheese
- 200 grams sliced cooked turkey
- 100 grams streaky bacon grilled until crisp
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 100 grams sliced gherkins or cucumber pickle
- Slice the french loaf in half lengthwise
- Mix the grain mustard, honey and mayonnaise in a bowl, then spread on the bottom of the french loaf.
- Lay on the cheese slices followed by the cooked turkey and then the grilled bacon.
- Add the cucumber and tomato slices and finish with the pickled gherkins or homemade cucumber pickle.
- Slice into 6 substantial sandwiches, go bigger or smaller whatever suits you and your family members’ appetite.