It’s always a pleasure to make new dishes from food left over from other meals. Christmas is the greatest opportunity to be creative with leftovers and I am drawn to the tart, flan or quiche as a vehicle to use up those bits and pieces of leftover delicious food. There is always plenty of leftover turkey, so make sure you have bacon and brie in your fridge so you can make this great tart, serve it with salad and it’s sure to be a hit.
Turkey, Bacon and Brie Tart
- 1 quantity of shortcrust pastry baked blind in a flan tin.
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 100 g streaky bacon chopped
- 250 g cooked turkey
- 250 ml double cream
- 3 large eggs
- 100 g ripe Brie
- 25 g Parmesan grated
- 1/2 lemon zest
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oven to 170C
- Gently saute the onion in a little butter, add the bacon pieces and cook until golden, leave to cool.
- Spread the onion and bacon in the base of the flan, chop the turkey into generously sized pieces and scatter over the onion and bacon.
- Break off pieces of Brie and distribute evenly across the flan base.
- Whisk the eggs, add the cream, lemon zest, seasoning and grated Parmesan, pour into the flan case.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the filling is golden brown and just set in the centre. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.