Leftover turkey can be a little bit bland, so I’ve packed this pasta bake with lots of bold flavours like leeks, bacon, spring onions, peas, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard.
All these flavours come together in a simple creme fraiche sauce topped with grated Grano Padano or Parmesan cheese.
How I make Leftover Turkey and Leek Pasta Bake
Making Leftover Turkey and Leek Pasta Bake is really very simple.
Make sure you clean the leeks well, slicing them and soaking in cold water, then rinsing and draining to make sure there is no grit left between the leaves.
Drain well then saute the sliced leeks gently in olive oil until they are soft.
Cook the pasta, following the instructions on the packet, then add the cooked turkey or chicken, the bacon, peas and the cooked leeks and spring onions.
Mix together the creme fraiche with remaining ingredients and mix through the pasta, then cover with grated cheese and bake until golden and bubbling.
Sprinkle over the remaining spring onion and serve.
More leftover recipe ideas from Farmersgirl Kitchen
Tortilla Bake – leftover fajitas just got better – stretch those leftovers with this spicy tortilla bake.
The Best Leftover Turkey Club Sub Sandwich – layers of delicious flavours in a big french breadstick.
Lovely Leftovers – Christmas Quiche – this tasty tart is a great way to use a number of different leftover ingredients.
More Leftover Recipes
Cheeseboard and Chutney Quiche – Kavey Eats
Leftover Broccoli, Chestnut & Mushroom Bake – Casa Costello
Leftover Marzipan Cherry Bakewell Cookies – Casa Costello
Chinese Five Spice Turkey Tacos with Sesame Oil Sour Cream – Recipes from a Pantry
PIN FOR LATER
Stay in touch with everything that’s going on at Farmersgirl Kitchen.
Leftover Turkey and Leek Pasta Bake
- 150 grams cooked turkey or chicken chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 100 grams crisp grilled bacon cut into 2-3 cm pieces
- 2 leeks cleaned and finely chopped
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- 300 ml of half fat creme fraiche
- 75 grams frozen peas
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 300 grams macaroni or other pasta
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 75 grams grated Parmesan or Grano Padano cheese
- In a large frying pan or saute pan, heat the olive oil and gently cook the leeks and 2 of the spring onions until soft.
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water for about 9-10 minutes until just cooked. Drain, leaving a little of the cooking water in the pan.
- Add the cooked leeks, frozen peas, cooked turkey or chicken and the bacon.
- Mix together the creme fraiche, mustard, lemon juice and seasoning together in a bowl then add to the pasta
- Pile into an ovenproof dish, sprinkle over the grated cheese and put in an oven at 200C for about 10 minutes until brown and bubbling.
- Chop the remaining spring onion finely and scatter over the bake before serving.
I’m adding this recipe to #cookblogshare, the linky for sharing great recipes, why not check out the great recipes that are linked up.