Cider, Apple and Sausage Casserole is a total comfort food one-pot meal. Whatever the season this Sausage Casserole would is the ideal one-pot to serve to your family and friends.
Cider Apple and Sausage Casserole
This Cider, Apple and Sausage Casserole is a tribute to fellow blogger Isabella King of Coriander Queen. I can’t remember when I first visited Coriander Queen, Isabella’s delightful food blog, but she was one of the core of regular UK bloggers who posted delicious recipes and who I got to know through social media.
The food blogging community is a close-knit one, there is a real sense of camaraderie. We celebrate each other’s successes, commiserate when things go wrong and share our knowledge to help each other out.
I had been aware that Izzie had had cancer and it was a pleasure to see her beautiful wedding photographs posted online, after successful treatment. There was a ripple of shock and disbelief through our community when we heard the news that cancer had returned and Izzie had passed away at only 29 years old. This was followed by real sadness and a feeling that we wanted, in some small way, to celebrate our connection with Izzie.
My version of Cider Apple and Sausage Casserole
Isabella serves her Cider, Apple and Sausage Casserole with mashed potatoes. But I decided I like a one-pot casserole, so added new potatoes in with the sausages, carrots, apples, and cider. They took on the delicious flavours of the sauce and that’s one less pot to wash up!
The Coriander Queen website is no longer there so her recipes live on in these tribute posts by her blogging colleauges. We all share Izzie’s passion for good food,and celebrate the indelible imprint she has left in the world of food blogging.
For more Coriander Queen recipes visit these sites:
- Easy 5 ingredient pesto tomato tart on Amuse Your Bouche (vegetarian)
- Globe artichoke with balsamic dip on Natural Kitchen Adventures (vegan)
- Cider, apple and sausage casserole on Farmersgirl Kitchen
- Chocolate orange oat bars on Veggie Desserts (vegan)
- Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies on Tin and Thyme (vegetarian)
- Arancini (risotto balls) on Coffee & Vanilla (vegetarian)
- Rich coffee cupcakes on BakingQueen74 (vegetarian)
- Gingerbread cupcakes with orange buttercream on The Veg Space (vegan)
- Marmalade and ginger loaf cake on The Crafty Larder (vegetarian)
- Ginger and oat cookies on Kavey Eats (vegetarian)
- Amatriciana pasta on Kitchen Sanctuary
- Treacle tart on Patisserie Makes Perfect (vegetarian)
- Crispy fried halloumi on Supper In The Suburbs (vegetarian)
- Chocolate fridge cake on Jo’s Kitchen (vegetarian)
- Chocolate almond butter cookies on Rough Measures (vegetarian)
- Eggless chocolate chip cookies on Simply Sensational Food (vegetarian)
- Boozy decadent hot chocolate on Fab Food 4 All (vegetarian)
- Easy no bake blackberry cheesecakes on Casa Costello (vegetarian)
- Best coriander / cilantro recipes on Fuss Free Flavours (some vegetarian)
- Easy gingerbread popcorn snack on Celery & Cupcakes (vegetarian)
- Elderflower and vodka cocktail slush on The Hedgecombers (vegetarian)
- Fruit flapjacks on The Petite Cook (vegan)
- Tomato, garlic and prawn spaghetti on Hungry Healthy Happy (pesceaterian)
- Lemon drizzle loaf cake on Penne For Your Thoughts (vegetarian)
- Chicken ramen on It’s Not Easy Being Greedy
- Stuffed Nutella cookies on Munchies And Munchkins (vegetarian)
- Easy Berry Compote on Eats Amazing (vegetarian)
- Garlic and Lime Coriander Prawns on Travels for Taste (pesceaterian)
Cider, Apple and Sausage Casserole
- 225 g Pork Sausages Or about 2-3 sausages per person
- 100 g Carrots
- 100 g Onions
- 100 g Cooking Apples
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon chopped Fresh Sage you can substitute dried sage
- 300 ml Apple Cider
- Vegetable Oil
- 200 g new potatoes
- Pre-heat your oven to 180’C. Roughly chop and peel your onions and carrots, cut the new potatoes in half or quarters depending on how big they are, and core and slice your apples.
- Place a large oven-proof pan (one that has a lid) over a medium heat, and fry the sausages in a little vegetable oil until they brown on each side.
- Remove the browned sausages and place onto a plate.
- In the pan fry the apples, onions, carrots and new potatoes over a medium heat until slightly softened.
- Stir in the flour and cook a couple of mins until the apples and vegetables are lightly browned. Put sausages back into the pan and stir in the sage, along with a good grind of black pepper. Pour in the cider, stir and cover.
- Place in the oven for 45 mins.