Slow Cooker Chocolate Caramel Puddings are the perfect midwinter treat, and these little puddings have a secret, a special treat inside that makes them even more delicious. Inside each of the little Chocolate Caramel Puddings there is a piece of caramel filled chocolate bar, or you can use chocolate caramel sweets. As the puddings cook the chocolate and caramel melt inside, what a decadent treat!
You could steam the puddings in a saucepan with a saucer in the bottom or, if you have a steamer then use that, but the Slow Cooker works really well as it gently bubbles away and you can go away and leave it to do its thing without worrying about the pan boiling dry. The Chocolate Caramel Cream couldn’t be simpler to make, just melt the chocolate caramels in the cream, and it is ideal to serve with the Chocolate Caramel Puddings. If you feel that is a little too much then you could also serve with plain pouring cream, ice cream or custard.
Recipe for Slow Cooker Chocolate Caramel Puddings with Chocolate Caramel Sauce
Slow Cooker Chocolate Caramel Puddings
For the pudding
- 50 g butter
- 35 g soft brown sugar
- 110 g self-raising flour
- 1 large egg
- 25 g cacao or cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 square of caramel filled chocolate bar or chocolate caramel sweet e.g. rolo
For the sauce
- 150 ml single cream
- 50 g chocolate caramels sweets or caramel filled chocolate bar
- Butter 3 x 6 oz mini pudding basins and put a circle of baking parchment in the bases of the basins.
- Mix all the pudding ingredients, except the chocolates, with a spoon or electric mixer
- Half fill the pudding basin
- Add the chocolate into the centre and fill the rest evenly between the basins.
- Cover with baking parchment and foil and tie with string.
- Boil a kettle and pour the boiling water into the slow cooker pot and add the puddings, the water should come about half way up the pudding basins.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours until the pudding has risen and the centre looks firm.
- The puddings should slide out of their basins, but it they don't then ease round them with a blunt knife or small spatula.
- To make the sauce
- Place the cream and chocolate caramel into a small pan and warm slowly until the sweets have melted into the cream, serve warm over the puddings..
Many thanks to Lucy for hosting the November Slow Cooked Challenge. There are loads of fabulous recipes that I’m itching to make, why not pop over to the Slow Cooked Challenge Round Up and take a look.
If you love Slowly Cooked food then why not join me and Lucy from Baking Queen 74 for the Slow Cooked Challenge – it’s not just about cooking in the Slow Cooker or Crockpot, any slowly cooked food can be entered.
If you would like to take part, then please:
- Make your recipe in your Slow Cooker or other slow cooking method and post a photograph and the recipe, or a link to a recipe, on your blog
- Link to Farmersgirl Kitchen and Baking Queen 74
- Use the Slow Cooked Challenge logo in your post
- If you use twitter, tweet your post with @FarmersgirlCook @BakingQueen74 and use #SlowCookedChallenge and we will re-tweet it to our followers AND post your picture on the dedicated Pinterest Board.
- A round up of all the entries will be posted on the host’s blog.
- Please do not publish recipes from cookbooks on your blog without permission, they are copyright.
- If you are using recipes from another website, please link to the recipe on the website rather than publishing the recipe.
- One entry per blog.
- Recipes must be added to the linky by the 28th of each month and a round-up will be posted on the host blog.
WHY NOT PIN FOR LATER