Spicy Roast Pumpkin and Coconut Soup is a perfect autumn recipe. It’s made with sweet roast pumpkin, warming chilli and creamy coconut milk all blended to a rich smooth vegan and dairy-free soup and sprinkled with chilli flakes and coconut.
Affiliate links in this post.
The Versatile Pumpkin
I’ve been on a bit of a mission to show how versatile the pumpkin can be. The shops are full of all sorts of pumpkins at this time of year.
While pumpkins make great lanterns for Halloween, they are also a delicious fruit to cook with and very inexpensive. I roasted one pumpkin costing £1.00 and made Roast Pumpkin Hummus, this Spicy Roast Pumpkin and Coconut Soup and also some delicious Roast Pumpkin Seeds.
Roasting the Pumpkin
It is very simple to roast a pumpkin., I describe the process in detail in my recipe for Roast Pumpkin Hummus
After roasting your pumpkin it’s simply a case of gently sauteeing the onions with the spices. Add the coconut milk and the roasted pumpkin and then blend until completely smooth. Warm the soup and serve topped with chilli flakes and coconut.
Can I use the inside of my Halloween Pumpkin?
Yes, you can use the inside of your Halloween lantern to make the soup as long as it has not been sitting out too long.
Put the pieces of pumpkin on a baking sheet and add a tbsp of flavourless oil, like sunflower oil. Toss the pieces of pumpkin with the oil, then roast for 10 minutes or so until the pumpkin is soft.
PIN THIS FOR LATER?
Optimum Vac 2 Vacuum Blender
I blended the Spicy Roast Pumpkin and Coconut Soup, in the Optimum Vac 2 Vacuum Blender, it’s a super-powerful blender and blends to a much smoother texture than many other blenders.
You can read my full review If you are in the market for a top-quality blender, then you can by buy through my Froothie Ambassador link. I earn a little commission which helps me to maintain Farmersgirl Kitchen and you don’t pay a penny more. I can’t give you a deal on the Optimum Vac 2 Vacuum Blender, however…
Special Offer on the Optimum G2.1 Maximum Power – Maximum Blend
I have a special Ambassador offer on the High-Speed Blender the Optimum G2.1 (November 2018). The Optimum G2.1 is the most powerful blender in the Optimum range and is perfect for blending soups and much more
Key Benefits of the Optimum G2.1
- An elegantly simple LED touch screen panel: This clear, uncluttered display screen makes selecting the right menu option a breeze
- 6 automatic, one-push button programs: Create perfect smoothies, milkshakes, bisques, sauces, blend vegetables and mash ingredients… each with a single button press.
- A powerful 2,400 Watt motor
- 100% stainless steel blades, sharper and more hardened
- Simple to clean: The innovative design makes cleaning your Optimum G2.1A – Platinum Series Vortex blender easy – there is no need to remove the blades!
- Automatic Torque Control: adjusts itself to maintain the selected initial speed using a motion sensor, all automatically.
- Precise, fine-tuned manual control: Ability to set the time and speed to the exact parameters you desire, or pulse first for increased smoothness
- Simple to clean: The innovative design makes cleaning your Optimum G2.1A Vortex Blender easy – there is no need to remove the blades!
The Optimum G2.1a Platinum Series Inclusions And Features:
- Featuring an elegantly simple LED touchscreen panel
- Six automatic, one-push automatic programmes
- Precise, fine-tuned manual functionality
- UL, CE and FDA approved Eastman Copolyester BPA Free jug with lid and cap
- 100% stainless steel blades, sharper, and more hardened
- Automatic Torque Control-adjust itself to maintain the selected initial speed using the motion sensor, all automatically
- Wet and dry multi-purpose 6-blade stainless steel assembly
- Heavy duty tamper tool for improved processing and mixing
- FREE Comprehensive recipe book
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee – Includes Return Postage!
- Access to expert support team
- Comprehensive warranty
Original price is £599, buy through my Ambassador link and add the code AMB40 for £40 off the G2.1 current sale price of £339, means you pay ONLY £299.
Disclosure: Buying through my Ambassador link means I earn a little commission which helps me to maintain Farmersgirl Kitchen and you don’t pay a penny more. Froothie UK sent me the Optimum Vac 2 Air Vacuum Blender to use and review at home. All opinions are my own.
I’m entering this recipe for #CookBlogShare the Link up for blogger’s recipes, why not check out the recipes.
Roast Pumpkin Hummus is a take on the popular chickpea dip that is sure to be popular at parties, or simply to enjoy at home with family or friends.
I hate to waste anything and although the pumpkin skin went into the compost bin, everything else was eaten including the seeds which were roasted to make a delicious snack of Roast Pumpkin Seeds. They also add a nice crunch sprinkled on top of the Roast Pumpkin Hummus.
Here are more recipes to make with pumpkin:
Mini Pumpkin and Orange Doughnuts – Christina’s Cucina
Pumpkin Scones – Veggie Desserts
How to prepare a pumpkin – Christina’s Cucina
Bonfire Chilli with Beef Chocolate and Pumpkin – Lavender and Lovage
PIN FOR LATER
Where is your favourite place to hang out?
Spicy Roast Pumpkin and Coconut Soup
- 1 kg Roast pumpkin pulp
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400 ml coconut milk 1 can
- 1/2 tsp chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 litre vegetable stock
To Roast the Pumpkin
- Split the pumpkin, remove seeds, roast in the oven cut side down at 190 C for 15 – 20 minutes until soft
To make the soup
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan or frying pan, add the chopped onions and saute on a low heat until soft but not coloured.
- Add the spices and cook with the onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and heat through until it is fully dissolved.
- Blend the soup in batches, add roast pumpkin, the coconut milk mixture and some vegetable stock and blend until completely smooth.
- Repeat until all the ingredients have been used. Reheat and serve sprinkled with a few chilli flakes and dried coconut flakes.