Mixing the Dark Chocolate into the Mincemeat
Recipe for Dark Chocolate Mincemeat
Dark Chocolate Mincemeat
- 2 dessert apples peeled, cored and chopped small
- 300 g Dried raisin sultana & cranberry mix
- 100 g soft prunes stoned and chopped
- 250 ml stout or porter
- 1 medium cooking apple peeled cored and grated
- 300 g muscovado sugar
- 1 lemon grated zest and juice
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 50 g butter
- 3 tbsp brandy or rum
- 100 g dark chocolate
- Add the stout or porter to a large pan with the grated cooking apple, muscovado sugar, lemon zest and juice.
- Bring to the boil, stirring and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Measure the dried fruits and other dry ingredients and put in a bowl with the chopped dessert apples.
- Add the dried fruit mixture to the pan with the butter and simmer until thick.
- Remove from the heat, leave until warm and stir in the brandy or rum. Leave to cool completely, then stir in 100g chopped dark chocolate.
I haven’t made anything with it yet, but I had a little taste and it is so delicious!