Do you have nights when you can’t be bothered to cook? You don’t need to send for an expensive takeaway, you can make these Quick and Easy Pitta Pizzas in no time.
Keep a pack of ready made pitta breads in your freezer and you can whip up a tasty meal in no time and it’s something that will appeal to everyone. Quick and Easy Pitta Pizzas are a great recipe for children to make, they can choose their own toppings, which is likely to ensure that they eat them too!
- 4 pitta breads
- 1 x 400 g can high quality tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 x tomatoes
- 200 g cheese (ideally mozarella but I used cheddar)
- 50 g olives, sliced
- Pre heat the oven to 200C
- Put the canned tomatoes, garlic, salt, sugar and herbs into the ThermoCook
- Process on 'Smoothie' for 30 seconds until all the ingredients are blended
- Set to 90C, speed 2 for 10 minutes
- Blend the tomatoes with the garlic, salt, sugar and herbs
- Pour into a pan and simmer for 10 minutes
- To make the Quick and Easy Pitta Pizzas, spread the sauce on the Pitta Pizzas (there is more than enough sauce for 8 pizzas, so you can freeze half for another time if you don't use it all)
- Top with sliced fresh tomatoes, cheese and olives (or toppings of your choice)
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve with salad and coleslaw or if you are really hungry, cook some oven chips while you are making the sauce and they will be ready at the same time as the Pitta Pizzas.
The Quick and Easy Pitta Pizzas were really good and I also loved the tomato sauce, it was really flavourful for a sauce cooked for such a short time, amazing! I served the sauce served with meatloaf later in the week and it worked really well, it is now my ‘go to’ tomato sauce.
Travels for Taste is hosting Tea Time Treats this month the theme is Savoury Treats, so I am linking up the Quick and Easy Pitta Pizzas. Tea Time Treats is a monthly Linky run by Lavender and Lovage, Jo’s Kitchen and Travels for Taste
Disclosure: Froothie UK sent me the Optimum ThermoCook to use and review at home. I have not been paid for this post and was not required to give the ThermoCook a positive write up. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links included in this post.