Do you have nights when you can’t be bothered to cook? You don’t need to send for an expensive takeaway, you can make these Quick and Easy Pitta Pizzas in no time.
Keep a pack of ready made pitta breads in your freezer and you can whip up a tasty meal in no time and it’s something that will appeal to everyone. Quick and Easy Pitta Pizzas are a great recipe for children to make, they can choose their own toppings, which is likely to ensure that they eat them too!
I made the sauce for the Quick and Easy Pitta Pizzas in my Optimum ThermoCook which is brilliant for making sauces, everything goes into the ThermoCook and is blended then cooked right in the blender. You can read my review of the ThermoCook and to find out more, please click through the ThermoCook picture in my side bar on the right of this post.
More Easy Snacks and Bites from Farmersgirl Kitchen
Sardines on Toast is a quick and healthy snack from your pantry that is cheap and easy to make. Serve Scottish style on thick slices of toasted batch baked bread, only 10 minutes from start to finish.
Cloud Eggs are a very simple way to cook the white and yolk of an egg separately to create a really light and fluffy egg. Perfect serve on toast.
Smoked Mackerel Pate served on toast or oatcakes, a really tasty appetiser, lunch or supper.
Quick and Easy Pitta Pizzas
- 4 pitta breads
For the sauce
- 400 g can high quality tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tomatoes
- 200 g cheese ideally mozarella but I used cheddar
- 50 g olives sliced
- Pre heat the oven to 200C
To make the sauce in the ThermoCook
- Put the canned tomatoes, garlic, salt, sugar and herbs into the ThermoCook
- Process on 'Smoothie' for 30 seconds until all the ingredients are blended
- Set to 90C, speed 2 for 10 minutes
To make the sauce on the stove
- Blend the tomatoes with the garlic, salt, sugar and herbs
- Pour into a pan and simmer for 10 minutes
- To make the Quick and Easy Pitta Pizzas, spread the sauce on the Pitta Pizzas (there is more than enough sauce for 8 pizzas, so you can freeze half for another time if you don't use it all)
- Top with sliced fresh tomatoes, cheese and olives (or toppings of your choice)
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
The Quick and Easy Pitta Pizzas were really good and I also loved the tomato sauce, it was really flavourful for a sauce cooked for such a short time, amazing! I served the sauce served with meatloaf later in the week and it worked really well, it is now my ‘go to’ tomato sauce.
Travels for Taste is hosting Tea Time Treats this month the theme is Savoury Treats, so I am linking up the Quick and Easy Pitta Pizzas. Tea Time Treats is a monthly Linky run by Lavender and Lovage, Jo’s Kitchen and Travels for Taste
Disclosure: Froothie UK sent me the Optimum ThermoCook to use and review at home. I have not been paid for this post and was not required to give the ThermoCook a positive write up. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links included in this post.