Baked Potatoes are my favourite way to serve potatoes, but they have to have a crispy, crunchy skin. I’ve found that Air Fryer Baked Potatoes made in the Optimum HealthyFry Air Fryer is the perfect way to get the oven effect, and yet only having to heat up a very small space. If you bake two or three potatoes in the main oven, you have to heat the whole oven to 200c for about an hour, that’s a lot of power. If you cook them in the microwave it’s much quicker, but the skin is soft and the potato is never as fluffy as oven baked.
Contains Affiliate Links
I’ve had my Optimum HealthyFry Air fryer for about 3 years now and I use it all the time. I have made Airfryer chips (fries) once or twice but the HealthyFry really comes into its own as a mini-oven.
The basket of the HealthyFry is a generous size, I was only baking two potatoes but, as you can see, you can easily fit three x 300g potatoes into the basket or even four smaller potatoes. Baking in the HealthyFry isn’t like the microwave, it doesn’t take any longer to bake three potatoes than it does to bake one.
Perfect crisp skin and fluffy potato inside, it really only needs a knob of butter and a little seasoning to make an ideal accompaniment or add your favourite topping to make a meal. I went for grated cheese for convenience, but coleslaw is a good choice and baked beans are a lower calorie option. Or you could top with some Slow Cooker Chilli or a luscious Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry. to make your delicious baked potato into a real feast.
More ideas for the HealthyFry Air fryer:
- Heat up ready-made falafels – Preheat the HealthyFry for 3 minutes, then bake the falafels at 180c for 10 minutes
- Cook a slice of pre-made pizza – Preheat the HealthyFry for 3 minutes, then bake the pizza slice at 190c for 5 minutes
- Make your own HealthyFry Tortilla Chips
- Sterilise jam jars (2 or 3 depending on size) for making small quantities of jam or chutney – wash the jars in hot soapy water, then rinse thoroughly, preheat the HealthyFry for 3 minutes, then place the empty wet jars into the basket and set the temperature to 120C for 30 minutes
- Bake Wholemeal Irish Soda Bread
- Make Individual Toasted Cheese Sandwich – spread butter or other spread onto two pieces of bread, grate approximately 50g cheddar cheese. Preheat the Optimum HealthyFry for 3 minutes. Place one slice buttered side down into the basket of the HealthyFry Airfyer, cover with grated cheese, top with the other slice (butter side upwards) and press down with a spatula. Toast the sandwich at 190c for 6 minutes, check and if you want it toasted more cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Make Rhubarb and Blueberry compote – Place equal quantities of washed and chopped rhubarb and whole blueberries into an ovenproof dish, cover with baking parchment and foil, if you only use foil, the acid in the rhubarb will react with the foil. Add approximately 100g of sugar, you need more sugar with rhubarb, other fruits may need less, and a tablespoon of water. Then bake in the pre-heated Air Fryer at 180C for 30-40 minutes. Check after 30 minutes and test with a knife, if the rhubarb does not easily yield then bake for another 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm or cold with Greek yogurt for breakfast or with cream, ice cream or custard for dessert.
- Lavender Honey Cake (Tin & Thyme)
- AirFried Breaded Tofish (Planet Veggie)
- AirFryer Carrot Falafel (Tin & Thyme)
- Crispy Air fried Smoked Paprika Chickpeas (Planet Veggie)
- Vegetable Kebabs (Simply Food)
Read my review of the Optimum HealthyFry to find out more about just how versatile this nifty piece of kitchen kit can be! The Optimum HealthyFry Air Fryer costs £199, and as I’m a Froothie Ambassador you get free delivery in the UK! Just use my ambassador link to order your HealthyFry Air Fryer and simply type “3116” and “free ambassador delivery” in the comment section of the order. Delivery will be credited back to your card.
Recipe for Air fryer Baked Potatoes
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Optimum Healthy Fry Air Fryer
- Measuring spoons
- Pastry brush
- 600 grams Baking Potato I used 2 x 300 g Maris Piper Potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 100 g cheddar cheese grated
- 20 g butter
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the Optimum HealthyFry Airfryer at 60C for 3 minutes
- Pierce the potatoes with a knife, then using a pastry brush, brush the potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Set the heat to 195C
- Set the time for 50 minutes, then close the HealthyFry and leave to bake
- Check with a sharp knife to make sure the potatoes are baked all the way through, if not set for another 10 minutes and bake again.
- Once ready, place each potato on a plate, cut it open and squeeze the fluffy potato to the top.
- Top each potato with a pat of butter and heap the grated cheese on top.
- Serve each potato with 6 cherry tomatoes.
Check out my HealthyFry Air Fryer Board on Pinterest for more recipe ideas
Disclosure: Froothie UK sent me the Optimum HealthyFry Air Fryer to use and review at home. I have not been paid for this post and was not required to give the HealthyFry a positive write-up. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links included in this post, buying through a link will not cost you any more, but I will get a small commission. This helps keep Farmersgirl Kitchen website online providing recipes and reviews for you.